We will meet for 45 minutes. Payment is due at the time of service
ACCEPTED PAYMENT TYPES
I accept cash, checks, Health Savings Account (HSA) cards, and all major credit cards
My practice is a private-pay private practice. Although I am not on insurance panels, I am happy to help you utilize any out-of-network coverage you may have.
Insurance can be a confusing and ever-changing component of getting the help you need. Here is some information that might help you make the most informed decision about whether or not you choose to use your insurance when seeking services:
- If you use your insurance, providers are required to share your private health information with your insurance company. This is one of the main reasons I don’t take much insurance. When we work without being under the microscope of insurance:
- I don’t have to provide a psychiatric diagnosis for your permanent medical record
- I don’t have to give details of your care to your insurance company
- We can do the type of work that is best for you, in a timeframe that suits your needs – even if it doesn’t fall into the approved model of care of your insurance company
- I can give you the utmost privacy with regard to your records
- Many insurance plans have high deductibles. You may be among the growing number of people who must pay a deductible amount before the insurance company will reimburse for any services. If that’s the case, you’ll be paying out of pocket even if you see someone in your network. Just ask, and I’ll help you find out the details of your mental health benefit
- Many insurance plans will allow you to choose the provider you’d prefer to work with, even if you don’t have a high deductible. This freedom is outlined in your “out-of-network benefit”. I am happy to help you determine that benefit by calling your insurance company on your behalf. To do that I will simply need your name (as it is spelled out on your card), your insurance identification number, and your date of birth. I’ll get the information from them and let you know how your benefit works in my practice. Also, if we work together using your out-of-network benefit, you’ll pay me at the time of service, and then I’ll bill the insurance company for you, so you don’t have to do it. It’s important to note that I have no control or influence over your insurance company. Implicit to our financial agreement is the understanding that you are seeing me out of pocket
Please notify me at least 24 hours in advance if you can’t make your appointment. If you change or miss your appointment and fail to notify me in time, you will be responsible for the full cost of the session.