Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) causes you to have a different view and experience of the world. It involves a cluster of symptoms that usually result in significant problems with: impulse control, tolerating internal distress, having healthy relationships, and (especially) feeling inner strength and peace.
Some of the traits/symptoms of BPD include:
- Push and pull in relationships
- Quick changes in mood that result in extreme anger/rage/sadness/overwhelm
- Difficulty tolerating distress or uncertainty
- Overwhelming fears of abandonment and rejection
- Extreme hypersensitivity to what others are thinking or saying about you (or what you THINK they are thinking or saying)
- A haunting sense of emptiness inside
- A disturbing uncertainty about important things (what you want out of life, vocation, religious or political beliefs, what is truly important to you)
- Trouble maintaining relationships and/or jobs
- Self-injuring behaviors, including: cutting, banging, burning, eating disorders, and promiscuity
BPD can be seen on a continuum. That is, you may experience more or less of the symptoms listed.
For almost 25 years, I’ve been helping clients with Borderline personality traits develop skills to live happier, more fulfilling lives.
I also help loved ones of people with BPD, better understand what’s happening and how they can take care of themselves amidst the chaos.
Call today(716) 204-5552 x 406) and we’ll work together to help you find the skills necessary to feel safe and effective in your world.